The hectic pace of the modern world makes meditation for relaxation a perk less people enjoy every year. I can occasionally escape for a massage but it is not often enough and too expensive. It has been proven that your mind has a great impact on your body. So why not use your mind to help yourself relax with a “mental spa break”?
This meditation is like a massage for your brain. You feel more calm and less stressed. When you can stop actively engaging your mind in endless worrying and planning, the whole body benefits.
The start of a meditation to relax begins by removing tenseness in your body. Here is a meditation script I follow when I need to relax:
- The relaxation meditation process begins by lying on the floor. Close your eyes and take several deep inhales and exhales. I keep doing this until I am focused on just my breathing. Depending on how tense I was starting the meditation, this could take 30 seconds or 5 minutes.
- I take a deep inhale, hold my breath, and tense my legs. After a few seconds, I release the tension along with a loud exhale of my breath at the same time.
- Next I roll my head from side to side in synchronization with my breath. A long inhale while my head turns to the left as far as it will allow. A long exhale as I turn my head all the way over to the right. Then bringing my head back to center, I am ready to tense and hold the next body area. I repeat steps 2 & 3 for the following body areas:
- Arms and stomach
- Face and neck
- The last tension release is called Lion’s Breath. Raise your head off the floor, open your eyes wide, open your mouth as wide as it can go, stick your tongue out, and make 2 forcibly loud exhales. Any remaining tension (there won’t be much left at this point) usually can rush out
- Let your body breathe normally while lying with your eyes closed
Join Our Meditation Community and Receive a Free Binaural Beat Meditation Course
Learn meditation with my free online course on binaural beat meditation. You will receive a 10 minute binaural beat meditation mp3 immediately upon signup and discover how binaural beat meditation is like training wheels for your mind. Sign up for the free meditation course.
Free Meditation Course
*Free Meditation MP3 Download
*Exclusive Member Deals on Cutting Edge Meditation Technology
*Subscription to the newsletter of practical meditation techniques applied in real-life situations
*5 Day Course Helps You Discover and Experience Deep Meditation with No Experience Necessary